1000 SS20 off-grid DC Microgrids are now being installed on behalf of the South African Department of Energy(DOE), in terms of their Rural Electrification Project in Oudtshoorn, South Africa
Our passion, empowering the disadvantaged, by using clean solar energy as a driver for equality acceleration.
1000 Specialized Solar Systems off-grid SS20 solar DC Microgrids are now being installed on behalf of the South African Department of Energy(DOE), in terms of their Rural Electrification Project in Oudtshoorn, South Africa.
The project began with an initial meeting with key players in the area. Individuals were then selected from their communities followed by training in all aspects of solar system installation and maintenance protocols by a team from Specialized Solar Systems. Once the training was completed, the trained individuals received certificates of competence for their newly acquired skills. Teams were then formed and the installation roll-out began with the installers receiving a completion-based payment wages.
To date, 400 units have been completed. Once all the installations are completed, the solar systems maintenance protocols will be managed using the top performing individuals who also reside within these communities. The local occupants are at last receiving much needed basic energy for lighting and cell phone charging. Prior to this project, Specialized Solar Systems has completed 660 SS20 DC Microgrids in the same area also on behalf of the Department of Energy.
The project is making use of the very popular modular designed solar powered SS20 DC-microgrid produced by Specialized Solar Systems. The SS20 DC-microgrid can power many other DC appliances such as a TV, radio and even a fridge.
20 kVA - 20 kWP Grid-Tied Solar System Installation
The Specialized Solar Systems installation team focused on the installation of the PV panel brackets for a 20 kVA - 20 kWP Grid-Tied solar system on the Hanskraal Farm near Bredasdorp in the Southern Overberg region of the Western Cape, South Africa.
The Grid-Tied solar system will include:
- 76 X 265W PV Solar panels (20 kWP Solar array).
- 20 kVA SMA Grid-tied inverter.
This Grid-Tied solar system is designed, supplied and implemented by Specialized Solar Systems in collaboration with our solar partner, SSK (Sentraal Suid Ko-operasie).
This type of solar system connects the solar panel installation with the main electricity grid. This is known as a grid-tied solar power system and if legislation allows, you will be able to feed excess energy back into the grid through a special meter, and when also when legislation allows, you maybe financially rewarded.
20 kVA Grid-Tied Installation at Buffelsklip
Recent installation done at Buffelsklip in the Western Cape, South Africa. The Grid-Tied solar system is designed, supplied and implemented by Specialized Solar Systems in collaboration with our solar partner, SSK (Sentraal Suid Ko-operasie).
The Grid-Tied 20kVA Grid tie with 15kWp solar system consists of the following componenets:
- 20kVA SMA inverter
- 48 x 315 Watt solar panels
6 Solar Sentry Trailers designed for Botswana Police Service leave our factory for delivery.
These Solar Sentry Trailers are designed and manufactured in South Africa by Specialized Solar Systems for SSS-Grit-Tech in Boitswana.
The unit is a robust power-house on wheels used for combating crime and also road safety. The design of the Solar Sentry Trailer is especially suited to traffic check-points at night. The unit is a self-sufficient solar energy supply featuring 4 x 100 watt 24-volt DC floodlights that illuminate the road surface for law enforcement officers to allow a safer working environment during field operations. The high-powered lighting can be extended to a hight of 3 meters.
With its unique design, the Solar Sentry is easily deployable and can be towed behind a vehicles at up to 80 kilometres per hour.
The 15 inch tires make the Solar Sentry capable of being towed in most terrains. Within minutes, law enforcement officers can light up their environment and safely fulfil their duties. Additional AC power outlets allow charging of AC electrical equipment.
During the daytime, the Solar Sentry, equipped with expandable solar panels, can supply up to 6kWh of power to the battery bank, which is safely hidden away within the Solar Sentry's strong body. With a battery back-up power bank of up to 24kWh the Solar Sentry can provide 14 hours of high-powered lighting during the night and has an additional 14 hours of autonomy without being charged by either solar or AC power (totalling to 28 hours of lighting).
The Solar Sentry can be connected to a 220V AC outlet allowing the batteries to be charged without extending the PV solar array. The Solar Sentry Trailer includes a blue tarpaulin (cover) with a 25mm high-density sponge to protect the solar panels.
These units each have the following specifications:
- 4 X 100W Super Bright DC powered LED lights
- 1 X 3M extension/retractible mask(boom)
- 1 X Blue LED flashing light
- 10 X 200A deep cycle batteries
- 1 X 50 A MPPT
- 1 X 3KVA Inverter
- 4 X PV Panels (1.2 kW)
- Your Piece of the Sun Energy, Gender and Poverty in Urban South Africa
- Geelhoutboom 101 kWp Grid-Tied Solar System
- 18 kWp Loggernberg Grid-Tied Solar Installation
- Zeerust Off-Grid 20 kVA 100kWhrs per day
- Redflow ZBM (Zinc Bromide Module)
- Botswana Off-grid solar systems commissioned
- Installation of demonstration solar unit at the UNISA
- Die Burger: Sonkrag by winkelsentrum in George ingespan
- October special on our 255 Watt Solar Modules
- Thembalethu Square Goes Solar
- The Solar Traffic Control Road Trailer
- SSK Branch managers visit Specialized Solar Systems
- VSD (Variable speed drives)
- Commercial sustainable solar solutions
- Tembalethu Square Shopping Mall George leads the way by going Green
- Residential solar system design and installation
- Utility-based solar energy management
- Grid-tied energy solution now at the SSK garage and CO-OP in Krakeel
- Grid-interactive Hybrid 3KV 11-12kWhrs per day solar system
- Sub-centralized solar energy power station complete