Grid supply constraints and global warming has resulted in consumers seeking long-term cleaner and more reliable energy sources.
Renewable energy is a practical form of clean energy generation with rapidly improving technologies, better efficiencies, increased system longevity, economic viability and is not reliant on traditional expensive grid infrastructure.
Our systems offer advanced remote management and monitoring features that suit the diverse energy requirements and the affordability levels of a broad client base which includes:
- Rural and farming sectors
- Urban sectors
- Commercial sectors
- Enterprise sectors
- Government sectors
WHAT WE DO AT SPECIALIZED SOLAR SYSTEMS
Advocate a ‘shift’ in the approach of energy supply
- The production and storage of energy at the location where the load is used.
- Using lower levels of expertise for installation and system maintenance.
- The use of renewable energy as a driver for socio-economic transformation.
Design and supply of renewable energy technologies
- Intelligent Micro-grids.
- Smart Metering solutions.
- Distributed energy generation.
- Utility restructuring.
- Efficient DC powered appliances.
Creation of sustainable solutions for renewable energy sources.
- Utility formation.
- Remotely monitored managed energy systems using proven and emerging technologies.
- Training and implementation programs, skills and ownership transferal
National Supply Goals Achieved - Domestic
- Thoroughly tested pilots over the past 4 years
- Established market penetration and reputation
- Reduction of up to 70% of central supply capacity systems in the last 3 years in some African countries
- Photovoltaic energy delivery - now a proven form of energy generation
- 20 year life cycle of supply
- Local involvement with remote control, various payment methodologies, end-user and system management
- Reducing capital values of technical knowledge
- Break-even point has been achieved
- The use of controlled DC current
Okkie van Zyl from Specialized Solar Systems talks about business opportunities in African markets(2016).
Jonathan Hodgson from Specialized Solar Systems explains some interesting solar concepts and explores the feasibility of the return of investment in using alternative solar energy systems as opposed to conventional energy on a radio talk show(2012).
Another off-grid solar energy installation completed by the renewable energy experts at SPECIALIZED SOLAR SYSTEMS for a client living completely off the grid on a small holding located between Karatara and Rheenendal in the Garden Route, South Africa.
The off-grid energy systems supply electricity to the household and workshop and is completely isolated from the public electricity network.
These systems are independent power stations capable of powering a wide range of applications with dependable and reliable electricity that is no different to that supplied by the national electricity grid.
Whether it be for a small or large new or existing home, a station, business or an entire community that depends on large diesel generators, off-grid stand-alone power systems are commonly the reliable, clean, hassle free, cost competitive answer!
It is our recommendation that energy saving principles are put into practice and taken into consideration before such a system is purchased i.e. low wattage lighting, gas stove/geyser etc…
Summary of Equipment used for the installation:
2250 Watt Array of Solar Modules [10Year Guarantee, 25Year 80% Yield]
1380Amp hour 2V Cells at 24V with take-off leads, battery floats, log book, distilled water x 20L drum, interconnecting cables and hydrometer [1Year Guarantee, 10-15Year Lifespan]
85Amp MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracker) [5Year Manufacturer Guarantee]
Victron BMV700 Precision Battery Monitor [5Year Manufacturer Guarantee]
5KVA 24V 120 Victron Multiplus Inverter/Charger [5Year Manufacturer Guarantee]
System Programming and Maintenance/Owner Training
Breakdown on supplied equipment for the off-grid installation:
SSS will be primarily involved as a support mechanism for the new entities national renewable energy roll-out and will be assisting them as renewable energy technology advisors, solar energy system designers, hardware suppliers and renewable energy based utility formation.
The first phase will include the groundwork to implement the necessary infrastructure and assess the market.
Images from the meeting at Beyond the Moon Guest Farm that was concluded on Friday, 6 May 2016 between SSS and the Nigerian delegation.
- SSS's new clip lock fastening system strength demo
- SSS - We're serious about skills transfer
- Rock the Route's "SSS Solar Gig Case"
- SSS Retail Division Introduction
- SSS at the AGRITECH EXPO 16-18th April 2016 — in Zambia
- Hybrid Solar PV Water Treatments Works Phase 1 - Groblershoop
- 120KWH/60KVA BOSCO Edenvale Back-up and Peak Shaving System
- 20 KWH/5KVA Piet Retief Off Grid Installation
- 12 Redflow ZBM 10Kw/hours flow batteries depart for Bosco Printed Circuits
- Sungevity at the Energy Sources Expo in Harare, Zimbabwe
- Solar Powered Street Lighting for Libode Eco Park, Eastern Cape South Africa
- Cape Town Hybrid System Installation
- 3 Phase 15 KVA 7.5KWP Hybrid Solar System
- Solar Utility Non-Grid Debiting Methods
- DC Solar Power Refrigeration
- Solar Powered Street Lighting for Ngcobo
- Furntech Kwamashu-10Kw peak, 3 phase Grid-tie Solar Energy System
- Sungevity Systems | Specialized Solar Systems Zimbabwe
- SSS exhibit at AHI National Congress in George
- Vleesbaai Solar installation - Primary solar with grid as standby/backup energy